This isn't one of those blogs written by a do-it-all mom who seems to have everything together. I got pregnant by accident at a time in my life when I just wasn't ready for a kid, and then I got Everlyn, a premature baby with food allergies, acid reflux and colic. I will be excruciatingly honest about everything we've gone through and how I handled (and didn't handle) it all.

Everlyn is a wild child. She has non-stop energy, a big personality and a temper. So to keep her busy, we do a lot of activities, art projects and crafts which I will also detail in this blog.

Embrace the craziness.

Kailyn

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Clean House? What's That?

Eternal 12 year-old. I wasn't joking.
Keeping a clean house? Let's be serious. That's a funny joke. I have three dogs, a 10 month old and a boyfriend who may be 25 but is really just an eternal 12 year-old. I think it's funny when people post things like, "just do a little cleaning each day and your house will never be messy." It's more like, do a little cleaning each day and your house will always be messy. I just power cleaned my entire house (I'm having people over tomorrow so I had to) and I can promise you, I'll have to clean again before they get here. It won't even stay clean for less than 24 hours. It's like my house has something against me and dirt and dog hair and random crap just grow out of the floors just to piss me off. Dishes and bottles fly from the cabinets to random places in the house just to mess with me. The walls change color to look like splotchy messes of who knows what. Maybe spaghetti sauce? So hey, I have a messy, dirty, stinky house. I guess we would just rather have fun in our house than keep it clean. Mess=fun. That makes it a little more acceptable. Right?

In the time it took me to write this, a dog puked on my freshly mopped floor and the baby decided books don't belong on shelves. I'm serious. I didn't take a picture of the puke, you'll have to take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment