This isn't one of those blogs written by a do-it-all mom who seems to have everything together. I got pregnant by accident at a time in my life when I just wasn't ready for a kid, and then I got Everlyn, a premature baby with food allergies, acid reflux and colic. I will be excruciatingly honest about everything we've gone through and how I handled (and didn't handle) it all.

Everlyn is a wild child. She has non-stop energy, a big personality and a temper. So to keep her busy, we do a lot of activities, art projects and crafts which I will also detail in this blog.

Embrace the craziness.

Kailyn

Monday, February 17, 2014

POOP

POOP.

It's talked about for more often than one might think in the Mommy world. We analyze the color, texture, frequency and ease of exit (that's a nice way of saying whether or not the child struggles to poo). We know our childs "poop face," we know what each smell means, we know if that smell was really a poop or if it was just a toot and are very happy when it was just a toot.

Now, I knew motherhood consisted of changing diapers and dealing with poop, but I guess it never registered how much poop I would be dealing with. I have witnessed poop coming out of my daughters bum while I'm in the middle of changing a diaper. I never thought I would have such a close up view of that, and I really never wanted one either. I've seen a bathtub turn brown from an aqua dump I didn't see coming. I have also had to clean said poop out of bathtub.

It is just another one of those things we mommy's must deal with. Don't even get me started on those dads who have never changed a diaper. My dad, a father of two and a grandfather of one, is one of those men. That would not fly in my household. I get my boyfriend to change diapers any time I can. Sometimes he can't handle the bad poops and needs help, which is okay, we all know men are the weaker sex and must give them a little leeway on such difficult tasks.

I'm not a thrifty mama, I buy the expensive diapers, because I know they work. I've used some of the cheaper ones but they fill up faster and leak and I'm not going to deal with that. I'll spend the extra money to not have to touch a goopy diaper or deal with poop overflow. Granted it does happen with the expensive diapers also, it's not quite as frequent. People say the cheaper diapers are just as good, but clearly they haven't used the Lamborghini of diapers, Pampers Baby Dry. Not the Swaddlers, the Baby Dry. Try it. They'll change your life.

POOOOOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment