This isn't one of those blogs written by a do-it-all mom who seems to have everything together. I got pregnant by accident at a time in my life when I just wasn't ready for a kid, and then I got Everlyn, a premature baby with food allergies, acid reflux and colic. I will be excruciatingly honest about everything we've gone through and how I handled (and didn't handle) it all.

Everlyn is a wild child. She has non-stop energy, a big personality and a temper. So to keep her busy, we do a lot of activities, art projects and crafts which I will also detail in this blog.

Embrace the craziness.

Kailyn

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Separation Anxiety and Grammy

It may come as no surprise to you, but another one of Everlyn's wonderful traits is that she gets severe separation anxiety.  I don't know why, does anyone really? But I think it has something to do with she knows I take care of her and know her routine and how she likes things. I can leave her with one person only and that's my mother. Grammy knows how Everlyn likes things too so she is okay with staying with her now. But if I try to leave her with anyone else it's a scream fest. Even my boyfriend deals with screaming fits when I leave. Sometimes she is okay with him but sometimes she's not, there's really no telling. Moms who have babies with separation anxiety would tell me I am lucky at least that my mom can watch her. And while yes, I know I am lucky, this is also a problem.

Grammy likes to spoil Everlyn a bit too much. Sometimes Everlyn doesn't want to come home after spending time with Grammy and will fuss fuss fuss when we don't give her 100% of our attention. When my mom and I are in the same room with Everlyn it's like I'm chopped liver. Grammy is her favorite and I don't like it. I can just say the word "Grammy" and she will freak out. Not even fair. But can I imagine not having anyone else who could watch her, having no help, no time away, like many moms do? No. I can't imagine. If you've read my other posts I'm sure you understand why I need some time away from my "sweet angel." So I guess I'll put up with it.

They say Grandparents are supposed to spoil their grandbabies, and I partially agree with that. I think if they don't see them that often, yes, spoil away, but when they see them almost every day and have a hand in raising them, well, you can't spoil a kid too much unless you want to end up with a brat. I don't know, there's no solution except for her to get over this separation anxiety and let me leave her with babysitters and such. When will that time come? Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment