This isn't one of those blogs written by a do-it-all mom who seems to have everything together. I got pregnant by accident at a time in my life when I just wasn't ready for a kid, and then I got Everlyn, a premature baby with food allergies, acid reflux and colic. I will be excruciatingly honest about everything we've gone through and how I handled (and didn't handle) it all.

Everlyn is a wild child. She has non-stop energy, a big personality and a temper. So to keep her busy, we do a lot of activities, art projects and crafts which I will also detail in this blog.

Embrace the craziness.

Kailyn

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Valentines Day Art

I Figured I should post this before Valentines Day passes.

For Everlyn's first Valentines Day we did some simple hand and foot art.



For this first one, I used two footprints to make a heart on pink construction paper and then cut out the heart around the feet. It was too hard to make the heart and then get the feet to match. I used white crayon to write on the red construction paper.

This one was made on white construction paper as a valentine for her daddy. I used Crayola finger-paints to paint her feet and create the heart. I drew a heart around it, added polka-dots and made it to look like a balloon. I used matching paint and Crayola markers to finish the valentine.





This one I used stamp pads. I put red on her feet and then put black only on her heels. I drew hearts on the bug body, antennas with hearts, and 6 legs on each bug. I glued on google eyes to finish the love bugs. We also made Grammy's Love Bug and Auntie's Love Bug.





For the last one we used stamp pads again on white computer paper to create an O and a V and then I simply used marker to finish it.



I also had her finger-paint on some watercolor paper with red and pink paint. Once it was dry I cut it onto the shape of a heart and pasted it onto some construction paper.

Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment