This isn't one of those blogs written by a do-it-all mom who seems to have everything together. I got pregnant by accident at a time in my life when I just wasn't ready for a kid, and then I got Everlyn, a premature baby with food allergies, acid reflux and colic. I will be excruciatingly honest about everything we've gone through and how I handled (and didn't handle) it all.

Everlyn is a wild child. She has non-stop energy, a big personality and a temper. So to keep her busy, we do a lot of activities, art projects and crafts which I will also detail in this blog.

Embrace the craziness.

Kailyn

Monday, February 10, 2014

Weight Loss, or Lack Thereof

Like I've said before, I gained about 50-60 lbs while pregnant. Way too much. And I wasn't able to breastfeed, which helps with weight-loss. So here we are 10 months after I gave birth and I'm still much heavier than I would like to be. I know I'm not alone in this, but it totally sucks seeing all you moms who lost all the weight so fast and are super skinny and beautiful again. Oh and to add to awesomeness (sarcasm) of my giant belly-- stretch marks. My stomach basically looks like this...


I really do want to lose weight. But I have this big problem. I love food. Not just food, but sweets. And Carbs. And oh let's just face it, I just plain old love eating. This wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but with little miss fussy pants attached to me all day, its really hard to actually find time to work out. Someone sent me this video, which I tried, and it worked pretty nicely until Everlyn threw up on me.
 
I'm going to keep trying and I'll get back with you if I start showing any progress toward my goal. But I did eat a slice of chocolate cake last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment