This isn't one of those blogs written by a do-it-all mom who seems to have everything together. I got pregnant by accident at a time in my life when I just wasn't ready for a kid, and then I got Everlyn, a premature baby with food allergies, acid reflux and colic. I will be excruciatingly honest about everything we've gone through and how I handled (and didn't handle) it all.
Everlyn is a wild child. She has non-stop energy, a big personality and a temper. So to keep her busy, we do a lot of activities, art projects and crafts which I will also detail in this blog.
Embrace the craziness.
Kailyn
Everlyn is a wild child. She has non-stop energy, a big personality and a temper. So to keep her busy, we do a lot of activities, art projects and crafts which I will also detail in this blog.
Embrace the craziness.
Kailyn
Monday, February 17, 2014
Colic Bottles
I forgot to mention in my previous colic posts about the bottle I use. I use MAM anti-colic bottles. They actually really do help to prevent gas and indigestion related to colic. Nothing can be anti-colic completely but these vented bottles do help with stomach aches and such. They have a flat nipple, rather than a round one so once your child gets used to this type of bottle it is harder to transition to a regular round nipple. These bottles come in a small size, up to 5 oz, and the large up to 9 oz. The regular MAM bottles go to up 12 oz but these are not anti-colic. The anti-colic has the vents at the bottom and are self-sterilizing. You just rearrange the parts, put some water in and put them in the microwave. It's pretty neat. The anti-colic ones only come with stage 1 nipples but you can order different stages for a few bucks on Amazon. The regular ones come with stage 3. But anyway, they were a lifesaver and that's all I had to say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment