This isn't one of those blogs written by a do-it-all mom who seems to have everything together. I got pregnant by accident at a time in my life when I just wasn't ready for a kid, and then I got Everlyn, a premature baby with food allergies, acid reflux and colic. I will be excruciatingly honest about everything we've gone through and how I handled (and didn't handle) it all.

Everlyn is a wild child. She has non-stop energy, a big personality and a temper. So to keep her busy, we do a lot of activities, art projects and crafts which I will also detail in this blog.

Embrace the craziness.

Kailyn

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Not Your Normal Mommy Blog

You may be wondering how this blog is any different than all those other mommy blogs. Well, I'm not perfect. Not even close. I don't use cloth diapers, organic cleaning supplies or have a baby whose been sleeping through the night since she was 12 weeks old. I don't feed my baby all organic food. I didn't breastfeed. Hell, I didn't even want a kid. This is not one of those blogs from an amazing do-it-all mom that will make you feel like a lousy mother. This blog may make me look like a poor parent at times, but I know that there are plenty of moms out there just like me who can relate. I got pregnant when I was 23. Not ready for a kid. Broke as hell. But hey, I love my kid more than anything and that's all that matters here.

While I'm not your normal Mommy, my daughter, Everlyn is not your normal baby either. She's my little pain in the ass. A premature colic baby with allergies, reflux, and a hell of a temper. She was no picnic and still isn't. She doesn't sit still and play or watch TV like all the other parents tell me their babies do. Oh no, she's my fiery-tempered, constantly moving, feisty, little daredevil.

In my blog I will talk about everything I went through with Everlyn to help other moms suffering with a baby with the same or similar issues. Since she is so active, we do plenty of activities and crafts and I will talk about those as well. Also, I'll talk about my new life as a mom, how I handle it, how I don't handle it and I promise to be honest.

Embrace the craziness.

Kailyn

No comments:

Post a Comment