The day after I found out I was pregnant, I stopped taking my birth control and everything hit me at once. I was throwing up, gagging at every smell, my feet swelled up like balloons, I swelled up like a balloon, I would cry at everything, funny things made me cry, I craved everything, I was tired all the time. I ended up quitting my job about two months after I found out I was pregnant. I just couldn't handle the energy of the three-year-olds I was teaching. I was too tired and sick. And I had to pee constantly. If you ever worked in a classroom you know pee breaks are rare. I gained probably 60-70 lbs while pregnant. Which is not normal. Especially since I'm only 5'2" and I was weighing in at over 210 lbs. My feet grew two sizes, and still haven't shrunk down (bye bye shoes).
I got onto the WIC program, which if you don't know is a supplemental food program for women, infants and children. Every month they give checks, like food stamps, with certain foods you can buy for free. While pregnant I got milk, eggs, bread, cheese, peanut butter, cereal, and beans. Once your child is born they provide formula (if you aren't breastfeeding), and baby food. I also got Medicaid to cover the costs of my doctors visits.
When I was about 35 weeks pregnant my doctor became concerned because he found protein in my urine. They made me do a 24 hour pee test were I had to collect all of my pee for 24 hours and then bring it to the hospital to be analyzed. How embarrassing to have a jug of your pee sitting in your refrigerator while living with your boyfriend. I was mortified by the whole thing. Well, at my next doctors visit my doctor said there was too much protein in my urine and he wanted to send me to the hospital for observations. Well, they observed and found out my baby wasn't growing so they induced me the next day, 4 weeks early.
![]() |
| The pregnancy photo my boyfriend took of me |
![]() |
| The pregnancy photo I posted on Facebook |


No comments:
Post a Comment