This isn't one of those blogs written by a do-it-all mom who seems to have everything together. I got pregnant by accident at a time in my life when I just wasn't ready for a kid, and then I got Everlyn, a premature baby with food allergies, acid reflux and colic. I will be excruciatingly honest about everything we've gone through and how I handled (and didn't handle) it all.

Everlyn is a wild child. She has non-stop energy, a big personality and a temper. So to keep her busy, we do a lot of activities, art projects and crafts which I will also detail in this blog.

Embrace the craziness.

Kailyn

Monday, February 17, 2014

Bows and Funny Hats

I'm not a girlie girl, I'm not into frills and fluff, but I love putting bows on my little girl. I can't do those giant ones like a lot of moms put on their little ones, but a nice simple bow always makes an outfit extra cute and prevents the question, "Is it a boy or a girl?" Except this one time I was at Big Lots. Someone standing behind me in line says to me, "I can't tell, you have me all confused, your baby is wearing blue but is also wearing a bow. Is it a boy or a girl?" Seriously folks, just because my child wears blue does not mean she's a boy. Who puts bows on boys?

Everlyn has worn a bow since she was one week old. She was a preemie so newborn hats didn't fit her head so I tied a knot in the back of her bows to make them smaller and she's worn them ever since.  She rarely takes them off like a lot of others do, I think because he is so used to wearing them. Only when she's real grouchy will she yank them off.  A lot of people ask me where I get her bows, mostly Target, a few from Babies-R-Us and a rare few from Baby Depot at Burlington Coat Factory.




But even more than bows, I love funny hats. Is it mean to make your child wear funny hats? I don't know. She doesn't seem to mind.









She has a Vikings hat for football season, a Wildcat hat for college basketball, a pumpkin hat for Halloween, Santa and elf hats for Christmas, lots of hats with animal ears for any occasion, a monster hoodie that has little monster hair on the hood... I could keep going. When will this stop being cute? I hope never.









No comments:

Post a Comment